Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Lo-chete Mk II

In the midst of cleaning out my garage, I came across the upgrade blade I had purchased for my original Lo-chete. Having also decided to start making video, I thought it was a perfect opportunity to play around with more equipment (decided against future use of the blue tooth headset) as well as more shots, camera angles, lighting, etc.  Still not a high production value composition, but several improvements to the method came about between Episode 1 and 2 of Random Fortification.


UPDATE: unfortunately, due to a court ruling in 2018 that exposed every Youtuber to litigation due to the way Youtube utilized ad data, and a law passed in California putting content creators on the line for tens of thousands of dollars in potential restitution, I have elected to pull all of my youtube videos. Sorry for the loss of content. They kind of sucked anyway. :-)
The steps involved in stripping down a one-handed loping tool and make it work with the Lo-chete are covered in detail in the video, but in general, a strategy for removing the old handle from the new blade was needed, sizing the holes in the tang of the new blade to the old holes in the handle was required, and then I had to find some random bits of hardware to put it together.

It feels really solid in its finished form and I hope to use it as soon as I can.  Maybe I will enlist a helper for some follow up video on the Lo-chete in action.

So - what do you think?  Video a more interesting and useful format than long format blogging?  Would you rather watch a video or see sketches and pictures with written explanations?

Let me know - I'm always looking to make what I do useful for my readers and viewers.

No comments: